Thursday, June 20, 2024

Siginon Aviation ramps up operations in JKIA

Siginon Aviation, a ground handler based in Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), Nairobi and Eldoret International Airport in Kenya, is to revamp its ramp handling services with a multi-million-dollar investment on new ramp equipment. The ramp equipment comprises of 20-tonne main deck high loaders, 7-tonne lower deck high loaders, pallet transporters, ground power units, pushback, […]

60 seconds with Siginon Aviation’s Maarten Klinjistra

Maarten Klinjistra is general manager of Siginon Aviation in Kenya. He is well versed in all matters aviation having worked in East, West and South Africa and provided regional oversight in strategic African markets such as DR Congo, Zambia, Ethiopia and Nigeria. He also likes a good steak. ACW: If you were sent to an […]

Siginon scores top spot in inaugural Kenyan Airport Business Excellence Awards

Siginon Aviation, an air cargo terminal, based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, has emerged the overall winner of the inaugural Airport Business Excellence Awards (ABEA). The ABEA Awards are an initiative by the Kenya Airport Authority (KAA) to recognise excellence in the aviation business. Siginon Aviation further scooped awards in the categories of Best […]

Siginon Aviation appoints Klinjstra as new general manager

Kenyan cargo and ground handler Siginon Aviation has appointed former regional director for cargo sales at Martinair Cargo in South Africa, Maarten Klinjstra (pictured below) as general manager. He will oversee the general management of all Siginon Aviation operations at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Eldoret International Airport. Klinjstra is seasoned aviation and air cargo […]

Extensive opportunities for Siginon, but imports slow this year

Kenyan cargo handler Siginon Aviation believes there are plenty of future opportunities for it as Kenya and Nairobi ‘s airfreight market continues to grow. Siginon handles for Qatar Airways Cargo, Cargolux, Singapore Airlines Cargo, CargoLogicAir and others at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO). Imports manager, Jared Oswago (pictured below) says Kenya is the regional […]

Ambitious Siginon Aviation looking to grow its presence in Nairobi

Kenyan cargo handler Siginon Aviation is targeting a contract win with a European carrier in Nairobi in the near future as it looks to further expand its presence at one of Africa’s main airfreight hubs. Earlier this month it secure a cargo handling deal with Qatar Airways Cargo, adding to others it has with Cargolux, […]

Many issues to discuss as Air Cargo Africa returns for another year

There will be much to talk about at Air Cargo Africa in Johannesburg, with five panels discussing issues including Africa’s potential and overcapacity, and forum sessions including pharmaceuticals and perishables. The action will kick off with a welcome address by STAT Media Group editor-in-chief, R K Patra at 11.00h on Tuesday 21 February, followed by […]

Siginon Aviation named as official Qatar Airways Cargo handler in Kenya

Siginon Aviation has been appointed as the official ground and ramp handler for Qatar Airways Cargo at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) in Nairobi. Siginon Aviation’s $10 million state-of-the-art air cargo terminal at JKIA was commissioned in 2014 has been custom designed and includes a 3,000 square metre Perishables Centre, a 5,000 square metre General […]

Kenyan perishables in high demand

Perishables make up the bulk of cargo handled by Siginon Aviation at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) in Nairobi. This consists of flowers, which are 80 per cent of perishables it handles with the other 20 per cent vegetables and herbs. But aviation divisional manager, Jared Oswago (pictured below) says performance has been affected in […]

African handler Siginon Aviation renews SIA Cargo agreement

Kenyan cargo handler Siginon Aviation has renewed its ground handling agreement with Singapore Airlines Cargo (SIA Cargo) at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) in Nairobi for three years. The new agreement follows a rigorous audit of Siginon’s processes, facilities and systems in the newly opened air cargo terminal on the airside of JKIA. Siginon Aviation has […]