Saturday, July 20, 2024
Cargolux takes stake in new Chinese carrier Henan Cargo Airlines

Cargolux takes stake in new Chinese carrier Henan Cargo Airlines

Cargolux, HNCA, the Henan Airport Group and the Xinggang Investment Group Company have signed a “Joint Venture Equity Contract’ to establish an all-cargo carrier, which will operate under an Chinese AOC.

The name of the airline will be Henan Cargo Airlines with the first flight planned for sometime in the fourth quarter of 2018.

75 per cent of the shares will be held by HNCA, the Henan Airport Group and the Xinggang Investment Group Company, which represents the Zhengzhou Airport Economic Zone while Cargolux will hold the remaining 25 per cent.

Cargolux says the signing in Beijing, is a major landmark and step forward in the launching of a resident cargo airline operating out of Zhengzhou under a Chinese AOC.

The signing ceremony was attended by Luxembourg’s PM Xavier Bettel and The People’s Republic of China’s State Council Premier Li Keqiang in the Great Hall of the People at Tiananmen Square.

Picture of James Graham

James Graham

James Graham is an award-winning transport media journalist with a long background in the commercial freight sector, including commercial aviation and the aviation supply chain. He was the initial Air Cargo Week journalist and retuned later for a stint as editor. He continues his association as editor of the monthly supplements. He has reported for the newspaper from global locations as well as the UK.

Newsletter

Stay informed. Stay ahead. To get the latest air cargo news and industry trends delivered directly to your inbox, sign up now!

related articles

DHL brings Formula E to the UK

Air France KLM Martinair Cargo and IndiGo CarGo announce partnership with Interline Agreement

Royal Air Maroc Cargo kick-starts its first digital bookings with cargo.one